I decided to ask Artificial Intelligence (AI; e.g. Chat GPT) about which professions are most likely not to be automated and replaced by computers, robots and AI (artificial intelligence) in the next 10 years.
What is Chat GPT?
ChatGPT is a language model created by Ilon Musk’s OpenAI team to understand and generate human-like text. It is essentially a neural network, or more accurately, a language model based on a neural network. It is a type of artificial intelligence that uses Deep Learning architecture to analyze large amounts of text data and learn to generate human-like responses to input text.
Chat GPT contains the entire Internet?
Chat GPT is trained on a huge amount of text data, such as Wikipedia, books, articles and websites, to learn human language patterns and structures.
For example, the original GPT-1 was trained on a dataset of about 40 GB of text, while the much larger GPT-3 was trained on a dataset of over 570 GB of text. Chat GPT uses this knowledge to generate responses that are realistic and sound natural to the user.
In a nutshell, Chat GPT works by analyzing the text you type, predicting the most likely next words based on the training data, and then generating a response that is responsive and sounds as natural, human-like as possible.
Professions that AI can’t replace
While it is difficult to predict the future with certainty, there are certain professions that are less likely to be completely replaced by artificial intelligence in the foreseeable future. Here are some examples from Chat GPT:
- Healthcare providers: although AI is already being used in healthcare in a variety of ways, such as analyzing medical images and assisting with diagnoses, humans are still needed to care for patients, make complex medical decisions, and provide emotional support to patients and their families.
- Creative Workers: AI is becoming increasingly adept at creating art, music, and other creative works, but human artists, designers, musicians, and writers bring a unique perspective, emotional depth, and originality to their creations that AI may find difficult to replicate.
- Social workers and counselors: While chatbots and AI virtual assistants can provide basic emotional support and counseling, human social workers and counselors are often better equipped to provide individualized and empathetic support to people in need.
- Workers: skilled professionals such as electricians, plumbers, and mechanics often require a combination of technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, and physical dexterity that the AI may have difficulty fully replicating.
- Teachers and educators: While AI can be used to provide personalized educational content and assessments, human teachers and educators are needed to provide social and emotional support, motivate students, and promote meaningful learning.
It is important to note that even in professions where AI cannot fully replace humans, there may still be a significant change in job roles and requirements, as new AI technologies and systems change the way work is done and require workers to acquire new skills and adapt to new ways of working.
New professions in the next 5 years
And if we put the question differently – what new professions may appear in the next 5 years? Here are 10 possible in-demand professions that may appear in the future:
- Virtual Events Manager: with the growing demand for virtual events, there may be an increased demand for professionals who can manage and run events online (video conferences, webinars, concerts and other digital events).
- Sustainable Energy Engineer: As the world moves toward a more balanced future, there is likely to be a growing demand for technicians and professionals specializing in renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and hydropower.
- Data Privacy Specialist: As personal and other data privacy issues become more prevalent, companies may need professionals who specialize in data privacy, data protection and compliance with regulations such as GDPR, CCPA and other similar legislation.
- Distance Learning Specialist: With the growth of distance learning, there may be an increased demand for professionals who can design, implement, and manage virtual learning programs and systems.
- Social media influencer (blogger): As social media continues to grow and evolve, there may be more demand for social media influencers, content creators and digital marketers who can connect with audiences and promote brands and products.
- 3D Printing Technician: As 3D printing technology continues to evolve, there may be an increased demand for technicians who can operate and maintain 3D printers and design and develop 3D models for various industries.
- Cybersecurity Analyst: As cyber threats and data breaches increase, the demand for cybersecurity professionals who can protect businesses and organizations from attacks and unauthorized access may increase.
- Autonomous Vehicle Operator: As autonomous vehicles develop, there may be an increased demand for professionals who can operate, maintain, and service autopilot vehicles in a variety of industries, including transportation, logistics, and manufacturing.
- Virtual designer (interior, interface, clothing): as virtual and augmented reality technology improves, the demand for specialists who can develop and present virtual design projects to clients may increase.
- Personal Health Coach: As the focus on personal health and well-being increases, the demand for professionals who can provide personalized coaching and health support services, including nutrition, fitness and mental health counseling, may increase.
If we look critically at the list of the best professions of the future, it seems to me that the main skill of people of the future is the skillful handling of AI applications and services like Chat GPT and its analogues in different areas (visualization, technology, programming, construction, etc.).
That is people need not be afraid that AI will replace them at work, and learn to intelligently use new technologies to their benefit. Progress is going on, and everyone can master new tools. And then AI will become our best friend and helper.